Friday, December 26, 2008

Becoming (real) Texans


I heard Dad talking about Lone Star beer and Big Red soda before we moved here. I know it's been fun for both of them to have easy access to Lone Star and Big Red. In fact, I think Mom and Dad have had a few of both as they've been helping me with the blog. (My spelling isn't so good yet.)

We went down to the river downtown as a family the other day, and we were feeling pretty much like Austinites. There are tons of trails down there for people and us and Bruiser and I made a lot of friends and got to run around. I think I scared my parents a bit by repeatedly jumping over a steep ditch as I was chasing Bruiser. It was a beautiful day and so nice to be down by the river. I felt like such a tourist, but I wanted Dad to take a picture of me by the river.......I think it's my favorite place in Austin so far. I have a feeling I'll be seeing a lot of Austin, everyone here is seems to be outdoors a lot and they take their people with them.

Even Bruiser has been in a good mood since we've been here!!! He's been a lot more social and playful with both me and all the other dogs we meet. I'm happy he's not a grumpus as much anymore!! Heehee.....don't tell him I said that.


There's Mom helping keep Austin weird!


Dad's pretty excited by the Texas gun laws as you can see. I have a feeling that's gonna be his new toy very soon... (It's convenient that we live less than a mile from a 100 yard indoor shooting range. Like I said, "hick" side of town.) That jacket he's wearing is one he bought the second day we were here for $40. He loves it, it's a softer more comfortable Carhartt knockoff. He thinks it's his Texas jacket.



This is Mom and Dad's new favorite BBQ place. It's close to them and the food is great. They didn't bring any food home to me but they smelled great!!!



Mom got the chicken and Dad got the sausage and pork ribs. They both loved the BBQ sauce even though they normally don't like it. It was a thinner sauce that was very tastey.






No comments:

Post a Comment